On this episode the team asks the question: Does a No Flip Zone really exist when you’re dealing with Funko? They also discuss Pop! they were able to pickup this week, remind everyone of the second LIVE Cost Plus Shipping Event Saturday Jan 20th, 2018 at 6PM CST / 7PM EST, and end with Finders Series Vol 6: Barnes and Noble and Collectors Corner because there is a TON of Pop! releasing soon.
Reminder if you are attending Emerald City Comic Con and would like to meet Rick contact the Pop Collectors Alliance on Facebook.
Finder’s Series Vol 6: Finding Pops at Barnes and Noble
Overview and Rating
- Disclaimer – When we rate these stores they are out of our experiences, our friends and people we see online in the groups where we are members.
- Funko Exclusives are above average and always have AWESOME Convention exclusives.
- Store environment is relaxed and because employees aren’t familiar with the product they will go the extra mile in locating it for you. (Especially when it’s just off the truck).
- The most loopholes of any retail store when it comes to hunting tricks.
- Online inventory is accurate and you can always call a store to place a hold on available items for you. Employees will call you if they are unable to locate your hold items.
- BEST PRICES on Pop!, Mystery Minis, and all things Funko. Especially with the loyalty card and free shipping on ALL online orders.
- Online store is difficult to navigate and ALWAYS! I REPEAT ALWAYS fails during convention exclusive releases.
- Selection of pop is average at best, typically includes book characters (Harry Potter etc.) and paired with some completely random sets.
- The Clearance section is not the best and it takes an act of God to get them to put Pop! in there.
- Limited number of stores for smaller areas.
- Pop! are never located in the same place because of varying store layouts. You are always forced to search the entire store to find items.
- Because of holds on products often stores will hold unlimited quantities of items limiting the availability for collectors.
- Barnes and Noble is in so many ways my favorite store to shop for Pop! but also in so many ways my most frustrating store to shop for Pop! This love hate relationship can drive you mad sometimes but they settle in at a score of 6.5 out of 10.
Barnes and Noble: Where to Find Them
- Store layouts always vary ALWAYS.
- Most stores have a dedicated Pop! area that is easy to find, but the rest of the Pop! is sprinkled throughout the store in displays and on random tables.
- Convention Exclusives are often place at the front of the store on release days with customers waiting outside.
- Mystery Mini’s / blind boxes are typically kept on a display on the near the Funko / Collectables section but they too can be placed on special displays occasionally or even near the register.
Barnes and Noble: Hunting Tips
- Hunting Tip: Keep up to date with all future releases, and get images of Pop! getting the barcode of a Barnes and Noble exclusive helps because you can directly search for the Pop! online or in store.
- Hunting Tip: Stay on top of the online inventory. If you are a member of Facebook Groups you can establish a timeline as when releases are hitting stores across the country. Check daily online and call and place a hold immediately on items as they arrive.
- Hunting Tip: Check in the Movies / Music Section (Yes they still make CDs / DVDs) most Barnes and Nobles will use this as a back stock section and you can find older items and exclusives there.
- Expert Hunting Tip: The easiest way to get exclusives before they release online or in stores is to visit your local Barnes and Noble’s customer service section. If you have the product number or the barcode UPC for an item you can ask an employee to locate them in their warehouse and ship it directly to you from there. This has worked tons for me and I get the item before most people do.
Barnes and Noble: Where are the Deals
- Not really any deals to speak of here because Barnes and Noble is the cheapest store around to buy Pop! and Mystery Minis. I highly recommend you invest in a $25 dollar loyalty card to get an additional 10% off and free shipping on ALL online orders.
Follow us on all social media.
Also Remember to check out all the awesome podcasts available on AstroPanda.
Visit Nerdlifetx For tons of great content on everything from video games to to table top games.