This week Rick and Piper are back to share a story of how Rick was almost convinced he had a Fake Funko Pop! Luckily he leaned on the awesome Funko community to verify he had the real deal. They took this opportunity to help collectors spot a fake mainly because they are beginning to “pop” up everywhere. They also cover a ton of announcements, the status of the Funko collecting community, some storage war rants and upcoming releases and leaks. Be sure to tune in next week as we lead up to the SDCC LATE NIGHT RELEASE SUPER FUN TIME POP COLLECTORS ALLIANCE PARTY!!!!!!!
Patreon: There will be a new list of rewards coming in August. But don’t miss out on exclusive Patron only benefits HERE.
Please tell your friends about this podcast. Take a second to rate and review this podcast it really goes a long way in promoting and growing the Alliance.
Pop Collectors Alliance ELITE!!!!!!
Official Release will be soon, early information available to newsletter subscribers. You can subscribe for our newsletter HERE.
Pop Collectors Pop Up Sale
Patrons will get a reward trial run, and then we’ll do the major release. Find out more about becoming a patron today HERE.
SDCC LATE NIGHT RELEASE SUPER FUN TIME POP COLLECTORS ALLIANCE PARTY!!!!!!!
Join us on the night of July 18th for some super awesome giveaways where the community can relax and have something to do as we all stay up late awaiting the SDCC releases together. There will be giveaways, games and fun with friends. The party starts at 1030 PM CENTRAL TIME!!! Patrons only party starts at 930 PM CST. Get ready to party the night away!
Pop Collectors Alliance will be traveling to New York City Comic Con!!!!!!!
New Look to our Website
Piper worked tirelessly to get everything on the PCA website looking amazing and he did a great job. You can even checkout some of the new exclusives they discussed this week. Visit popcollectorsalliance.com and tell Piper what an amazing job he did.
- Where / Who Are you purchasing from:
- Is the Seller in China on eBay? – If so RUN!
- Does the person have reputable feedbacks in the groups / site you are buying from? – Always use reviews, feedback, customer reviews, the Better Business Bureau, and friends experiences to verify an individual or business.
- Look at the Images:
- Avoid Stock Photos
- If not listed, request images of all sides of the box. This not only validates condition but helps with authenticity.
- Verify item number on the bottom of the box
- Ensure the Pop matches the artwork on the box.
- Look at the fonts on the box, fakes often have different fonts on the UPC codes, and other wording on the bottom of the box
- Ask for images of the figures feet and look for:
- An item number stamped on them
- Funko LLC and Made in X (This is not always the case but most have these markings)
- Newer models will match the number on the bottom of the box
- Unfinished paint could indicate a fake but remember older Pop! didn’t have the greatest paint jobs
- Always remember when In doubt phone a friend.
- Use Facebook groups, attach images and ask a crowd. In most cases, someone will own the Pop! you are inquiring about and assist.
- If you know a friend who as the pop ask them to send you photos
- Use Reddit or the Funko Funatic boards. Tons of collectors are always willing to assist.
Follow us on all social media.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also Remember to check out all the awesome podcasts available on AstroPanda.